Chair, Department of Applied Economics.
My current research focuses on behavioral economics and applied economics
Research in progress:
1. Inequality and risk aversion. With Shirit Hertz and Benny Berdugo. In this paper we investigate via a theoretical model and a lab experiment how rising inequality affect risk perception and the willingness to take more loans.
2. Methods for reducing house money effect . With Tal Savit and Mosi Rosenbaum. A house money effect refers to the tendency for subjects to take more and greater risks with money they receive in a laboratory experiments. In this paper, we explore how and if a PPM (pre-paid-money) and an effort task can diminish this effect.
3. Allocation of efforts in two stage contests. With Reut Megidish and Alex Crumer. This paper show how to design a two stage contests with Heterogeneous players that maximize their efforts.
4. Trust evolution of Bedouin students At Sapir College. With Ran Ben Malka and Reut Megidish. In this paper, we explore using trust games (The ultimatum and the dictator games) how trust towards Israeli students of Bedouin students evolved over their curse of their studies.
5. Missile alarms and academic grades. With Ran Ben Malka and Reut Megidish. In this paper, we Study empirically the impact of times of security tension (Tzuk Eitan 2014 operation) affect students grades.
4. *S. Hadad, M. Malul. "Do You Prefer Having Much More or Slightly More Than Others". Social Indicators Research 133.1 (2017): 227-234
Chapters in Scientific Books
1. S. Hadad, J. Zeira. "An Outline of the Economic Issues of a Final Status Agreement in Jerusalem", pp, 23-69. Published in: Economic Dimensions of a Two-State Agreement Between Israel and Palestine. The Aix Group (2007).
2. A. Arnon, T. Hacker, S. Hadad, S. Bamya, M. Abu Awad. "A Framework for Permanent Agreement Concerning the Palestinian Refugees", pp. 24-137. Published in: Economic Dimensions of a Two-State Agreement Between Israel and Palestine. Vol II. The Aix Group (2010).
3. *S. Hadad, A. Arnon. "The Current Economic Crisis, Some Possible Explanations". Published in: International Perspectives of the Economic Crisis. pp. 13-27. Van Leer Jerusalem Institute (2014, Hebrew).
4. *S. Hadad, A. Arnon. "The Economic Crisis in the United States: An Anatomy of Economic Crisis". Published in: International Perspectives of the Economic Crisis. pp. 30-43. Van Leer Jerusalem Institute (2014, Hebrew).