PhD, from the Department of Public Policy at Tel Aviv University.
Thesis: "Effective tenders for the provision of public transportation services"
The study dealt with the development of competitive tenders as a method of providing public transportation services in Israel and abroad, in cooperation with the private sector, and the policy implications on economic efficiency and social inequality.
My research focuses on three main areas:
- The field of transportation (focusing on competition in public transportation services in buses) - In the three years since I received a lecturer in the college, I have published five studies in the field, most of them in leading international journals.
I also wrote a chapter in the book of regulation of the "Hazan Center" at the "Van Leer Institute" on the reform of bus transportation services in Israel. The chapter was approved for publication and the book is scheduled to be published in 2018.
- Employment of Migrant Workers - In the field of employment of migrant workers in the construction industry in Israel, in 2015 I have published an article in a leading international journal in the field.
- Local Government - In cooperation with leading researchers in local government studies in Israel, we won a scholarship from The National Lottery and the Center for Local Government to write a paper on the establishment of mandatory basket of services for local authorities in Israel. The paper was completed and submitted to the Center for Local Government in December 2017.
2016- 2017, with Gila Menachem, Assaf Meidani. Amir Hefetz, Elad Cohen-
The National Lottery and the Center for Local Government.
Topic of research: Legal, governmental, socio-economic and spatial aspects When applying a basket of municipal services.
2008 - "Outstanding Dean of Social Sciences" scholarship.
2006 - Richard and Rhoda Goldman Scholarship for writing his dissertation.
2002 - Richard and Rhoda Goldman Scholarship for writing MA thesis
2001 - "Outstanding Dean of Social Sciences" scholarship.
Articles in Refereed Journals
1. Ida, Y., & Talit, G. (2018). What We Can Learn 17 Years After the Reform in Public Bus Transportation in Israel. Case Studies on Transport Policy. (15 pages) * (Q2)
2. Ida, Y., Berechman, J., and Levy, S. (2018). Cost, quality and scope of service: The case of the Israeli public bus sector. Research in Transportation Business and Management. Available online 1.2.18 https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2210539517300810*(Q2)
3. Ida, Y, & Talit, G. (2017). Reforms in the regulation of public bus services in Israel. Case Studies on Transport Policy, 5(1), 80-86. * (Q2)
4. Ida, Y., & Talit, G. (2015). Regulation on migrant workers' employment in the Israeli construction sector. International Migration, 53(6), 111-124. *(Q1)
5. Ida, Y., & Talit, G. (2015). Regulation of public bus services: The Israeli experience. Transport Policy, 42, 156-165. * (Q1)
6. Ida, Y. & Talit, G. (2015). The Israeli experience in competitive tendering of public bus services. Network Industries Quarterly, 17(4), 11-14. *
7. Ida, Y., & Talit, G. (2015). Reforms in public bus services in Israel. International Journal of Social Science Studies, 3(6), 57-61. *
8. Ida, Y. (2014). Employment of foreign workers in Israel under the binding arrangement. International Journal of Business and Social Science, 5(6), 52-63.
9. Ida, Y. (2014). Reforms in foreign workers' employment in the Israeli construction sector. Economic Quarterly, 59(3), 109-123 (Heb.).
10. Ida, Y. & Berechman, J. (2009). Efficient competitive tendering for providing public transportation services. Economic Quarterly, 56(3), 365-384 (Heb.).
Articles or Chapters in Scientific Books
Accepted for Publication
1. Ida, Y. (2018). Competition on public bus services in Israel. Economic Quarterly. (Heb.).
2. Ida, Y., & Talit, G. (2018). Regulation of public transport services in Israel. Jerusalem: Van Leer Institute. (On print) - 40 pages*
Other Scientific Publications
1. Menahen, G., Meidani, A., Hefetz, A., Ida,Y., and Cohen, E., (2017). The urban space in Israel, who will serve you? School of Social and Policy Studies, Faculty of social science, Tel Aviv University (Heb.) *
2. Ida, Y. (2012). Reforming foreign worker employment in Israel – Transitioning from the restrictive employment arrangement to the corporations' arrangement. Jerusalem: Taub Center for Public Policy Research in Israel (Heb.).
3. Ida, Y., & Talit, G. (2010). Transportation mobility and its influence on accessibility in Israel – A comparative study (policy paper No. 2010.11). Jerusalem: Taub Center for Public Policy Research in Israel (Heb.).
4. Ida, Y., & Berechman, J. (2009). Competitive tenders for the supply of public transport services – Transportation policy directions. Israeli Association Conference Brochure Transportation Research (Heb.)
5. Ida, Y., & Berechman, J. (2008). Competitive tenders for the supply of public transport services. Traffic and Transport Engineers Association for Construction and Infrastructure in Israel, 88, (Heb.)
6. Ida, Y., & Berechman, J. (2006). Types of tenders / contracts accepted in the world (position paper). Jerusalem: Ministry of Transportation (Heb.)
7. Ida, Y., & Berechman, J. (2005). Optimal Length of Contract in providing public transport services (position paper). Jerusalem: Ministry of Transportation (Heb.)
8. Ida, Y. (2004). Factors influencing foreign workers to revert to illegal employment (discussion paper No. 18.04). Jerusalem: Research and Economic Planning Dept., Ministry of Industry, Trade and Labor (Heb.)
- The Marker (11/10/2015): "Do not import workers from China".
- Walla (29/11/2016): "Stuck country: the big default of public transport".
- The Marker (9/6/2013): "An innovative approach to correcting distortions in vehicle use pricing".
Articles under review
1. Ida, Y., Talit, G., Levy, S. (2018). Regulation on migrant workers' employment in the Israeli construction sector. International Migration Review
2018- Annual Conference of the Israel Political Science Association, Sapir College- Local Government in Israel
2017- Center for Local Government conference, Tel Aviv University- Mandatory basket of services for local authorities
2017- Sapir conference, Sapir College- The right to dignity.
2016- Sderot Conference, Sapir College- The politics of work.
2016- Department of Public Policy seminar, Tel Aviv University- Reforms in public bus service in Israel.
2015- Department of Public Policy seminar, Ben Gurion University- Reforms in public bus service in Israel.
2014- Department of Public Administration and Policy seminar, Sapir College- Regulation on migrant workers' employment in the Israeli construction sector.
2014- Research team on regulation in Israel, Van Leer institution- - Reforms in the regulation on public bus service in Israel.
2009- Annual Conference of the Israel Economic Association Ma'ale Ahamisha- Competitive Tendering for Public Transportation Services.